By Rich Fisher
Tulsa, Oklahoma – On today's show, we speak by phone with our longtime StudioTulsa book critic: the Seattle-based author, book enthusiast, and former librarian Nancy Pearl (who used to live and work here in Tulsa). Nancy's got some mighty fine summer reading suggestions to share with us --- and she's also got a new book of her own that's now available (it's all about travel books; it's called "Book Lust to Go," and you can learn about it at www.nancypearl.com). Here are the books that she's discussing on ST with our host Rich Fisher:
1. Ben Aaronovitch: "Midnight Riot"
2. Ally Condie: "Matched"
3. Veronica Roth: "Divergent"
4. Gabrielle Hamilton: "Blood, Bones, and Butter"
5. Tom McNeal: "To Be Sung Underwater"
6. JoJo Moyes: "Last Letter from Your Lover"
7. Mike Lawson: "House Divided"
8. Stewart O'Nan: "Emily, Alone"
9. Michael Parker: "The Watery Part of the World"
10. Timothy Schaffert: "The Coffins of Little Hope"
11. Monique Roffey: "The White Woman on the Green Bicycle"
Also, though we didn't have time to discuss this on our program today, Nancy wanted us to remind everyone that some very "big" (that is, prominent and promising) reads are due to be released in the fall of this year, including new books by Haruki Murakami, Colson Whitehead, Helen DeWitt, and Neal Stephenson.