Local & Regional
Tue November 13, 2012
Mannford Fire Accidental in Nature
Six people are left injured, and four families are left homeless, after a fire destroyed part of the Salt Creek Apartments in Mannford last night.
“The agent has indicated that it was in the mechanical closet of unit 20, it was at the far south end, on the upper floor,” says Oklahoma assistant fire marshal, Joanne Sellers.
The blaze destroyed the complex, but the fire was not intentional.
“He did say that there was natural gas involved and that it has been classified at this time as an accidental fire,” Sellers says.
The most severely burned is a woman with burns over 25% of her body. She’s hospitalized at the Hillcrest Medical Center Burn Unit.