Local & Regional
Sat August 4, 2012
Fire Road Closings from O-DOT
The following highways are closed due to conditions resulting from fires in the area. Drivers are urged to be alert to changing conditions, are advised against driving into smoke and encouraged to tune into local media for updates. We are also sending tweets via Twitter from @OKDOT.
***OPEN: I-35 ramps to eastbound Turner Turnpike/I-44***
***OPEN: SH-19 south of Chickasha***
Several highways in Creek County:
· SH-33 between SH-48 and SH-99, from Drumright to approx. 11 miles to the east.
· SH-51 between SH-48 and SH-99, from two miles west of Mannford to approximately 9 miles to the west.
· SH-99 between SH-51 and SH-33, from 9 miles west of Mannford and south six miles.
· SH-48 between SH-51 and SH-33, from two miles west of Mannford, south 9 miles.
· Suggested alternate routes include SH-48 and SH-16 south of SH-33 and SH-48 and US-64 and SH-99 north of SH-51.
SH-9 east of Norman currently closed
Both east and westbound lanes of SH-9 are closed between E. 84th Ave. and E. 168th Ave. east of Norman until further notice due to fires. Drivers must locate alternate route or use US-77 and SH-102.