Short, OK – 2 survive plane crash in far eastern Oklahoma
SHORT, Okla. (AP) Two people from Arkansas have survived a plane crash just west of the Oklahoma-Arkansas border.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says 74-year-old Lawrence D. Harrod of Natural Dam, Ark., was piloting the two-seat plane and that Dustin C. Lane of Natural Dam was a passenger when the plane went down just after 6:35 p.m. yesterday.
The OHP says Harrod suffered minor injuries and Lane wasn't hurt.
Tulsa, OK – The Tulsa World has released the results of its latest Oklahoma Poll, just ahead of Tuesday's crowded field for mayor of Tulsa.
Winning for the Republicans with 53% of the vote was Dewey Bartlett Junior. His closest competitor was Chris Medlock with 15%. Medlock is the only other candidate, from either party, to reach double digits. 39% however, refused to answer. For the Democrats the winner was Tom Adelson. He won with 54% of the vote. 21% declined to answer.